No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

A tried and true recipe for no-bake cookies made with peanut butter and oats topped with an easy cocoa drizzle.


Brutus' favorite food in the whole wide world is a No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie. When he sweetly asked me to make some for his school lunches I assured him that I would.

That youngin is so sweet I would have written him a check too if he'd asked me.

I popped into the kitchen to whip up a batch and realized that I was almost out of cocoa.

Well... what to do? I thought I'd try them without the cocoa (making a few alterations to my recipe to account for that).

And I'm so glad I did because I LOVE these like this! Then I decided to use the rest of my cocoa to make a little chocolate drizzle! I can't wait for him to try one after supper!

No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Cocoa Drizzle

UPDATE: I first posted this recipe in 2012 and I want to let y'all know that I still love it!!

I top the cookies with the chocolate drizzle OR sometimes I place a few candies on top (like Reese's Pieces and M&Ms).

NEW: Check out my recipe for No-Bake Monster Cookies which uses this same recipe as a base!

A tried and true recipe for no-bake cookies made with peanut butter and oats topped with an easy cocoa drizzle.

If you love no-bake desserts, check out a few of these recipes too!

  • Paula Deen's Banana Pudding - The iconic recipe made with cream cheese and butter shortbread cookies that's Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding!
  • No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake - An easy pumpkin cheesecake recipe made with cream cheese, pumpkin and pumpkin spice.
  • Pig Pickin' Pie - A refreshing and easy pie made with crushed pineapple like the frosting of the classic Pig Pickin' Cake.
  • Butterfinger Pie - The original recipe with Butterfinger candy bars, cream cheese, vanilla and whipped cream topping.
  • Chocolate Nutter Butter Icebox Cake - A chocolate layered dessert with peanut butter cookies, whipped cream and peanut butter drizzle like a chocolate peanut butter lasagna! 
  • Strawberry Cream Cheese Icebox Cake - An easy no-bake layered dessert with graham crackers, cheesecake filling and fresh strawberries. 
  • Italian Bakeless Cake - A layered dessert with pineapple, vanilla wafers, cool whip, coconut and cherries. 


No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 32-36 Cookies
Author:
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 5 Mtotal time: 15 M
A tried and true recipe for no-bake cookies made with peanut butter and oats topped with an easy cocoa drizzle.

ingredients:

Cookies
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 stick REAL butter (1/2 cup)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • Dash of salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cocoa Drizzle
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons milk

instructions:

How to cook No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Cookies
  1. Line a work surface with parchment paper. Add the quick-cooking oats to a large mixing bowl then set aside.
  2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar, salt and milk then bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once boiling, cook mixture for 1 full minute. Remove from heat immediately. Do not let mixture boil longer than 1 minute.
  3. Add peanut butter and vanilla to the saucepan then stir until peanut butter is melted. Pour mixture into the mixing bowl with oats then gently stir until well combined.
  4. Cool 10 minutes then top with Cocoa Drizzle
Cocoa Drizzle
  1. Combine ingredients then mix well.

NOTES:

If you don’t have parchment paper, a clean, dry counter will work as well but you may need a spatula to move the cookies.
No-bake cookies can be persnickety. If you don’t boil the mixture long enough, they won’t set up. If you boil it too long, they will be crumbly. The recipe below is exactly how I make all my no-bake cookies. Follow it and you should be A-OK.
Only use real butter.
peanut butter, oatmeal, oats, cookies, nobake, no bake, gluten free, easy, best, chocolate, drizzle, cocoa, school, cafeteria

Did you make this recipe?
Tag @southyourmouth on instagram and hashtag it #southyourmouth #nobake #cookies
Created using The Recipes Generator


You might also like this recipe!
Keep up with my latest shenanigans by following South Your Mouth!






LihatTutupKomentar