Marinated Pork Kebabs

https://dinnerrecipless.blogspot.com/

Pork kebabs made easy from country ribs marinated in the BEST marinade for pork made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!


So, yet again I found myself staring at a sparse pantry trying to figure out what to cook in a What would MacGyver do? moment.

I had country style ribs and not too much else for inspiration. I'd somehow managed to be without my usual marinade staples (hoison, sesame oil, citrus fruit or juices, worcestershire, etc.) and was getting kinda frustrated.

It was raining and I really didn't want to go to the store. Well, maybe it was the rain, maybe it was the fact that I really didn't feel like taking a shower and schlepping the the kids anywhere.

Pork kebabs made easy from country ribs marinated in the BEST marinade for pork made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!

I wanted something with a little Asian flare so I grabbed the soy sauce. Then I needed to add an acid and sugar so I grabbed the dijon mustard and honey. Then I worried that the dijon wasn't acidic enough so I grabbed the balsamic. A bit of garlic later and I was pretty happy. I cut up the country ribs and marinated them all day relatively hopeful that everything would be tasty.

AND THEN... I grilled these bad boys and the clouds parted and the sun shone bright and birds started to sing and everything else went quiet because everybody at the table was too busy eating to utter a word.

Pork kebabs made easy from country ribs marinated in the BEST marinade for pork made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!

It was glorious ("glorious" like Will Ferrell said it in Old School when he almost died and saw Blue).

I now use this marinade every time I cook pork loins, country ribs and pork chops (well, except for good ol' fried pork chops). Marinate pork tenderloins then bake them, marinate pork chops them grill or broil them, marinate whole country ribs then grill them. It's literally perfect for any pork!


Marinated Pork Kebabs


Marinated Pork Kebabs
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Author:
prep time: 6 H & 15 Mcook time: 30 Mtotal time: 6 H & 45 M
Pork kebabs made easy from country ribs marinated in the BEST marinade for pork made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!

ingredients:

  • 2 pounds country ribs
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Black pepper

instructions:

How to cook Marinated Pork Kebabs

  1. Cut the ribs into 2" pieces and place in a large zip-top bag.
  2. Whisk together honey, dijon, soy sauce, garlic and balsamic vinegar until thoroughly combined. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade and set aside.
  3. Pour the remaining marinade over the pork. Seal zip-top bag, refrigerate and marinate 6-8 hours.
  4. Place pork on skewers and sprinkle with black pepper. Grill low and slow; baste with reserved marinade until done. Take care not to overcook these - I cook mine for about 30 minutes over low heat.

NOTES:

If you can't find country ribs (which are just a thick boneless pork rib), buy a small Boston Butt and cut it into 2" pieces. Pork loin will work also but it's very lean so don't overcook it or it could be dry.
pork, kebab, kabob, kebob, kabab, country ribs, marinade, best, honey, dijon, mustard, balsamic, asian, tenderloin, grilled, marinate, easy, boston butt
Created using The Recipes Generator


Keep up with my latest shenanigans by following South Your Mouth!
LihatTutupKomentar