Simple Butter Cake with Peach Sauce



Wow!  It has been a crazy week.  It was nice to take a little blogging break and catch up on some things at home.  We prepared for and had a fantastic garage sale.  We also did some preparation for our Christmas traffic, for our business.

I am so delighted to be participating in the Secret Recipe Club this month.  It is so exciting, kind of like Christmas morning.  This is how it works...  You sign up for The Secret Recipe Club by going to the website here. A name is 'drawn' and assigned to you.  "You simply choose any recipe from the blog you are assigned, make or bake it, and blog about it on the date specified..."

This month I "drew" Yumsilicious Bakes a fantastic blog written by Avanika, a 21 year old from Mumbai.  She has recently relocated to the UK to attend University of Warwick's Business School for her Masters.  Avanika says she has a sweet tooth and judging from her fabulous collection of recipes I can agree.

I found a huge selection of amazing recipes and wanted to make so many, but in the end her story about an amazing New York Style Coffee Cake being comforting drew me to the cake side.  I am a cake lover, I could eat it all day long.  Truth be told that line about cake just being the carrier for the icing, doesn't apply to me.  I would prefer to have two pieces of the cake and leave the icing.  Weird I know.  

This Simple Butter Cake was no different.  It is soft, buttery and delicious.  I made a Peach Sauce to go on top to make it look pretty, but it certainly didn't need it!!!

A - MAZ - ING!!!  I actually have a bite sitting next to me that I couldn't finish.  I had it with dinner.  I am giving the rest of the cake away.  It is so good that I could eat it until I had a belly ache and that wouldn't be good!

Check her out and check out the Secret Recipe Club!!!


Simple Butter Cake
2 sticks + 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 egg yolks 
1 tablespoon milk
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites


Preheat oven to 350 F.  Butter a loaf pan.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter and ½ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract and the yolks one at a time, beating well between each addition.  Beat in the milk.  Add the baking powder, salt and sifted flour, beating until incorporated.

In a medium bowl, whip together the egg whites and the remaining ½ cup sugar until soft peaks form. Beat in 1/3rd of the whites into the mixtures, and then fold in the rest gently.

Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, and the top feels springy to the touch.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe - The Slow Roasted Italian.com
LihatTutupKomentar