Sausage Cornbread Stuffing



Happy Wednesday!!!  I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  We are blessed to be spending the day with my in laws, and I will be cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for us on Friday.  I will share those recipes in the coming weeks, I am very excited!!!  When we had out Turkey dinner earlier in the month I was able to prepare all the dishes that I wanted.

The Simple Herb Roasted Turkey was amazing, and it made a heavenly gravy.  It was my first turkey ever and also the best one I have ever eaten.  Two sides that have to go with every Thanksgiving that I partake in are mashed potatoes and corn.  So, I decided to try some new dishes.  The Mashed Potatoes with Sun-Dried Tomatoes were divine.  Talk about a dream come true for this lover of potatoes and tomatoes!!!  The next dish I tried was the Corn and Bacon Casserole.  Definitely a match made in heaven, however Mr W did not like this dish at all.  I am sure it was the onion and sour cream.  The Roasted Almond Cocktail was fabulous and I have to admit, one was not enough!  It was like a dessert.  Speaking of which the Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Trifle has to be the easier and most impressive looking dessert I have made.  I have to share this amazing picture with you again...


But I feel like we missed something.  What else must I have to make my Thanksgiving dinner complete???  Ahhhh, stuffing!!!  This Sausage Cornbread Stuffing was simply delicious and not one bite went to waste.  It was a hit with Mr Picky pants, Em and also with me, truth be told I had more than serving.  So glad we went with a light dessert.

Hope you enjoy!  We sure did!

Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Cornbread, recipe to follow
1 cups chopped onions (or grated)
8 sausage links
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups, reduced sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoons ground sage
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 350°.  

Cut corn bread into small chunks.  Place in a large mixing bowl.  Set aside uncovered.  

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage links until cooked through.  Allow to cool and cut into small pieces.  Set aside.  


Cook onion in sausage drippings until transparent.  


Add onions, sausage, sage, salt, pepper, eggs and broth to cornbread.  Mix well.  Put mixture in a buttered 8x8" baking dish or casserole dish.  


Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until stuffing is cooked through.

Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!

Simple Unsweetened Cornbread by Paula Deen
1 cup self-rising cornmeal
1/2 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup buttermilk (or make your own)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour batter into a greased shallow 8x8" baking dish. Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
 
Click here for a printable version of this recipe - TheSlowRoastedItalian.com 

LihatTutupKomentar