Chili Spiced Mango Ice Cream


Hello and happy Tuesday.  Welcome to "Simply Delicious".  This weeks spotlight is Chili Spiced Mango Ice Cream.  I was playing with some ideas for an easy to make ice cream and decided to go with mango, as it creams up as lovely as banana's do.  However while in the process, I added cream and some spices that made this such an incredible treat I can't even describe how delicious.  I am not even a big mango fan, I like the flavor but at the end of the taste there is this flavor that disagrees with my palate.  In this ice cream, there is no after taste, just pure divine mango, the spice of the chili (without heat) and the warmth of the cinnamon.

This is such a comforting fantastic ice cream it is definitely going in my ice cream file!!!  My daughter Em went crazy over this ice cream.  I am telling you there was lots of "more, more, more" and yummmmm sounds coming from her.  I don't usually see her this excited about food, even sweets.  I can't wait to make it again for her.  5 ingredients, no ice cream maker Simply Delicious!!!  Enjoy!

Chili Spiced Mango Ice Cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups frozen mango chunks
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup heavy cream

Add mango, spices and sugar to food processor and puree until there are no fibers remaining.  


Add cream and blend until it is at a soft ice cream texture.  


Remove from food processor and place in an air tight container and freeze for 3 to 4 hours. Mix by hand every 2 hours (you can even take a hand mixer to it to incorporate more air).   Serve and enjoy!

LihatTutupKomentar